Are you interested in using a face balm in your daily skincare routine, but you are unsure exactly what it does for your skin or how to use it? Well, you are in luck. We have all those answers laid out for you in this article.
Face Balm is made of super-concentrated ingredients with no fillers and preservatives. Face balms have antioxidants-rich plant oils with healing essential oils for skin rejuvenation.
Face balm provides more intense moisturizing than a cream or lotion. Unlike other moisturizers, face balms, when used properly, keeps your face hydrated throughout the day.
The next time you decide to buy a face balm, choose an all-natural face balm to better achieve the maximum effect of helping seal in the moisture.
How to Use a Face Balm as Part of Your Skin Care Routine
How should I use a face balm?
1. Cleanse your face
Use your favorite cleansing foam or cream when washing your face. Cleansing first will remove dirt and excess oil from your face.
2. Exfoliate your skin
Take a quarter-sized amount of your regular face scrub and slowly massage your face in a circular motion while avoiding the eyes. Let the scrub sit for about 10 minutes for better results.
3. Use a toner to close pores and tighten cell gaps
After every cleanse, you should always finish with a swipe of facial toner. Use a cotton pad doused with toner, then apply it all over your face and parts of your neck.
4. Apply moisturizer to your skin
Squeeze a pea-sized amount of moisturizer onto your fingers and then apply it to your cheeks using gentle circular motions getting wider as you rub.
5. Apply face balm to your skin
Squeeze a pea-sized amount of your new face balm onto your fingers and then apply it to your cheeks using the same gentle circular motions until your entire face has been covered.
What exactly does a face balm do to your skin?
- Best for healing severely dry or cracked skin. If you find the right product for your skin type, it will work wonders for your appearance and, in turn, boost your confidence.
- Protect sensitive skin. Using a face balm with dehydrated or tired skin will hydrate and nourish your skin and leave it feeling tight and refreshed. Continuous use of a face balm every night will give you dewy and supple skin as soon as the next morning.
- Reduce sun-damaged skin. Face balms also help in repairing dry sun-damaged skin with its highly nourishing ingredients. Using face balm with oil formulation accelerates skin recovery, and aid in repairing sun damage.
- Helps reduce fine lines. Most face balm contains natural ingredients like rosehip oil, macadamia oil, mango butter, and more. The natural formulation evens skin tone and minimizes fine lines. Getting the right Balm to your skin type may even replace a whole host of your anti-aging creams.
The Different Types of Face Balms
There are a couple of types of face balms on the market that will likely heal or at least provide your skin with the nutrients it needs to maintain elasticity and keep you looking young. However, In every skincare product you use, you must always consider your skin type before buying to avoid troublesome irritations.
Oily and normal face balm: Balms with Jojoba oils and rose wax has deep softening properties that hydrate skin without leaving a greasy feel.
Dry face balm: Ointments and thick balm help heal and nourish damaged skin.