Ladies, never underestimate the power of virgin coconut oil. This natural elixir nourishes the hair shaft to create a vibrant sheen. It also conditions the hair to restore moisture and repair damage.
Our friend and fellow beauty pro Wendy Rose Gould is all about boosting beauty benefits. "When applied at the scalp, coconut oil can help reduce buildup and soothe sensitive or itchy skin," Gould added. And just how do you boost the benefits of coconut oil? You add lavender!
You have to try this simple DIY hair treatment. "It's no secret that lavender smells amazing, but topically, it acts as an antibacterial and therefore helps with dandruff. It also helps to soften hair," Gould shared.
All you'll need is a small bowl, virgin coconut oil, fresh or dried lavender springs and measuring spoons.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and add it to your bowl. Depending on the length of your hair, you may want to add more or less oil.
- Remove the greens and/or buds from your lavender and place it in the bowl with your coconut oil. You can add a little more for fragrance if you like.
- Now infuse the lavender into the coconut oil. Place your bowl over a sauce pan filled with water. Turn your heat to low/medium and allow the coconut oil to melt down. Stir the mixture periodically.
You still want to use heat even if your coconut oil is already liquid. The warmth from the water bath will speed up the lavender oil extraction. Keep it going for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Allow your infused coconut oil to set for 10 to 15 minutes (until only slightly warm). Remove the lavender pieces if desired.
- Work the oil through your hair. Focus on the ends where your hair gets dry. You can also focus on the scalp if you're dealing with itchy, dry skin or dandruff.
Let the oil sit for 15 to 45 minutes. The longer it sits, the better.
Then shampoo and style as normal. You're all done!
Planning on trying this DIY treatment out? Tell us with a note below!
This article was originally published on Fashion Times.
© 2017 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.