Actress Emily Blunt looked so chic Monday night at the 9th Annual American Institute For Stuttering Gala. The star owed her terrific tresses to none other than celebrity hairstylist and inventor of the Beachwaver, Sarah Potempa.
Beach waves are not as hard to achieve as you might think. Sarah styled Emily's hair and broke down the look for us in just a few quick and easy steps. This is a great style for anyone to rock during the summer, so be sure to add it to your beauty arsenal!
Here's how to get the super simple and super chic look.
- Apply a light flexible mousse. Try Aussie's Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner ($4) and allow your hair to air-dry. This helps the product to work itself in with your natural texture.
- To create an easy wave like Emily's, Sarah recommends you try using the BEACHWAVER S1 ($129). This rotating curling iron goes in both directions to give you a more natural-looking wave.
- Sarah also offered up a special styling tip. "When you're using the BEACHWAVER S1, start by leaving two inches of your hair out and curl each piece in opposite directions," she advised.
- When you get to the front of your head, Potempa says to make sure to curl in the direction that goes away from your face.
- Next, spray a flexible hairspray on your On Set Styling Brush ($23) and brush out all of the waves.
- Finally, run your fingers through your waves with a little Fatboy Hair Putty ($24).
And there you have it: beach waves made easy! Loving the look? Let us know with a note below!
This article was originally published on Fashion Times.
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.