Another great intricate hair look from Bridal Fashion Week!
"There is nothing as inspiring as the work of Naeem Khan, especially in his bridal collections," said Lead Stylist, Joseph DiMaggio, Master Session Ambassador for Davines of the designer. "Having had the chance to work with him at F/W 2015 Fashion Week, I was thrilled to create the hair look for Naeem's modern, yet classic bride."
"I complemented his idyllic bead work with a demure roped chignon - reminiscent of a flower in bloom. The natural back-swept style also provides the perfect frame for the seashell crowns seen throughout the show," DiMaggio explained.
Here's how to get the look:
- Prep hair by applying a generous amount of Davines More Inside This is A Volume Boosting Mousse ($26) onto fingertips. Distribute thoroughly from roots to ends, keeping hair smooth and in place.
- Next, section hair evenly from ear to ear, creating front and back sections.
- Using a blow dryer and large round brush, work to create subtle volume and bounce at the crown and top of the head by blowing hair up and away from the face.
- Once dry, use fingers to sweep the hair into a layered ponytail, securing with an elastic tie directly under the occipital bone.
- Tightly twist into a low bun at the nape of the neck, then fasten with pins.
- Use weft (virtually undetectable strip) extensions to create two tight twists. Twist these two extension wefts together, creating a "rope braid."
- Wrap rope braid around bun to create an elegant flower-like shape and pin securely.
- Using fingertips, customize the braid shape by applying Davines More Inside This Is A Texturizing Dust ($28) to hands and massaging for additional structural support and texture expansion.
- Finish by applying Davines More Inside This Is A Medium Hold Hair Spray ($29) for all over for shine and hold.
Loving the look? Tell us with a note below!
This article was originally published on Fashion Times.
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.