Forget "here comes the bride" -- here comes the braid!
We are absolutely loving the hair from the Reem Acra Spring 2016 Bridal Fashion Week with Joseph DiMaggio for Davines!
"Reem Acra's intricate bead work and sexy silhouettes are true works of art. Rather than accessorizing with jewelry, she wanted all attention centered around the hair - creating an unexpected piece of bridal 'jewelry,'" explained Lead Stylist, Joseph DiMaggio, Master Session Ambassador for Davines.
"With that, I was able to push my own limits and dream up an avant-garde bridal style. Using long extensions, I crafted a strong structured braid and romanticized it with diamond and pearl accessories of Ms. Acra's creation," DiMaggio continued.
Isn't this simply gorgeous? Here's how to get the look:
- Prep hair by spraying a generous amount of Davines Essential VOLU Mist ($34) at the root. Follow up by brushing Davines More Inside This Is A Volume Boosting Mousse ($26) from root to tip to keep hair smooth and in place.
- Section hair evenly from ear to ear, creating front and back sections. Then sweep hair in the back section into a ponytail at the occipital bone, securing with an elastic. Create a strong center part in the front section and allow to hang loose temporarily.
- Apply mousse throughout three wefts of extensions. Brush through the length before creating a 12" braided ponytail that falls down the entirety of the back. Attach this extension to the actual ponytail using an elastic cord.
- Brush the front section of the hair back towards the ponytail, smoothing as you go with hair spray.
- Lace the hair from the front sections underneath the ponytail (including extensions) and continue to wrap around the base creating a thick band over where the extensions meet the base of the head and ponytail. Use pins to secure.
- Using a variety of diamonds, pearls and golden wraps, pin and tie throughout the length of the braided ponytail.
- Apply iron-on stars sporadically around the head. Adhere carefully using a hot curling iron.
- Control whisps and secure the look by applying hair spray again for all over for shine and hold.
Ready to adorn your braid as beautifully as this? Tell us what you think with a note below!
This article was originally published on Fashion Times.
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.