Celebrity Get the Look: Chloe Grace Moretz at 2014 Cannes Film Festival
Makeup artist Mai Quynh created a "soft and ethereal" look for Chloe Grace Moretz's at the Cannes International Film Festival. The start was there for the premiere of her new film, "Cloud of Sils Maria." We had to get the details on Chloe's natural makeup look!
Quynh told us she was inspired by Moretz's "young and flirty" Chanel dress, which was embellished with feathers and jewels. The hair and makeup were left soft and fresh, so that the dress was the main focus. Here's how to get the red carpet look yourself!
Face: Flawless, fresh skin
- Quynh first prepped the skin with RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream ($195), which she lathered on like a mask. She let the cream sit on Chloe's skin for a few minutes and then rubbed it in completely.
- Next, she blended Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation in Vanillé, ($48, out July 2014) on the face and applied Secret Camouflage in SC-2, ($33) under the eyes and around the nose.
- To ensure Chloe's makeup stayed in place all night, she applied Pressed Setting Powder in Translucent($34) using the brand's Powder Brush, ($52).
- She then applied Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper, ($25) to the apples of her cheeks to give a natural flush.
- Quynh used three different Caviar Stick Eye Colours for the eyes. She started first with the Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sugar Frost, ($26), which she applied just in the inner corner. Then she layered Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst, ($26) on the eyelids and blended it into the creases of Chloe's eyes, fading the shadow upwards.
- Next, she smudged Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Grey Pearl, ($26) along her top lash line, fading it into the Amethyst colour. She mixed the Amethyst and Grey Pearl together and smudged the combination of the two shades along the bottom lash line.
- She then filled in Chloe's eyebrows with Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Fair Blonde, ($22).
- Lastly, Quynh applied two coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black, ($24) to the top and bottom lashes.
- To give the final touch of glamour to the look, Quynh applied Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Lip Colour in Coy, ($25) to the lips.
Eyes: Soft, mauve tones
Lips: Pink, nude pout
What did you think of Chloe's look? Let us know with a note below!