We caught up with hair stylist Marissa Marino for Moroccanoil and got the scoop on how she styled star Selena Gomez.
Drawing on this year's theme "White Tie & Decorations" and Charles James' structured approach to fashion design, Marissa created a glamorous, structural updo for Gomez, who attended alongside Diane von Furstenberg. Inspired by the legendary designer's glamorous approach to haute couture, Selena's style is truly American glamour (plus, the updo puts the show-stopping, stunning earrings on full-display). Here's how to recreate the look:
- Apply Volumizing Mousse ($28) to wet hair from root-to-tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
- Blow dry hair smooth using the Boar Bristle Brush 35mm ($84).
- Using a 1.5" barrel iron, curl 1" sections around entire head; apply Heat Styling Protection ($28) to each section before curling to protect strands and keep hair shiny and healthy.
- To create the updo, split hair in three sections: bottom (ear-to-ear); middle (temple-to-temple) and top (full crown).
- Starting with bottom section, create a ponytail at the nape of the neck, and then roll entire the ponytail upwards and pin horizontally for a tube effect. Secure with pins.
- Next, roll the middle section horizontally and pin underneath into the bottom roll.
- Lightly tease the top section for extra volume. Then, roll vertically (similar to a downward French twist) and pin into the middle roll.
Easy and done! What did you think of Selena's updo? Tell us with a note below!
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.