The highly anticipated film Divergent is finally here! Check out Maggie Q's stunning makeup for the movie premiere event! The makeup genius behind this look? None other than artist Mai Quynh.
Mai created a "soft and pretty" makeup look for Maggie that allowed her "natural beauty to stand out." Quynh focused on using a dusty rose and soft plum palette to complement the actress' dress and hair. The final look was "fresh and polished." Here's how to get the look:
Face: Natural Complexion Paired with Rosy Pinks
- Quynh first prepped Maggie's skin by applying RéVive Sensitif Renewal Cream ($215) to the entire face, and then followed up with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($33).
- Next, she used a damp BeautyBlender sponge to apply Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation ($46, out September 2014). "The foundation leaves the skin velvety and touchable. The matte finish is perfect so I don't need to use too much powder," Mai explained.
- Mai then dotted Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-5 ($33) underneath Maggie's eyes and around her nose.
- Quynh gently brushed on Mineral Pressed Powder in Golden Suntan ($38) to Maggie's T-zone using the Powder Brush ($52).
- Lastly, she layered Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer in Park Ave Princess to the star's forehead, cheeks and chin. To finish the face, Mai applied Second Skin Cheek Colour in Violet Orchid ($25) to the apples of Maggie's cheeks.
Eyes: Soft Plums and Browns
- For Maggie's eyes, Quynh first applied Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst ($26) onto the lids, from the lash line to the crease.
- Next, she mixed together Sateen Eye Colour in Kir Royal ($23), Matte Eye Colour in Coffee Ground ($23) and smudged both colors close to the lash line and blended it upwards, fading it into her crease. She then lightly smudged the same two shadows along Maggie's lower lash line for added definition.
- Finally, Mai applied two coats of Lancome Definicils Mascara in Black to her top and bottom lashes.
Lips: Light Pink Pout
What do you think of Maggie's look? Let us know with a note below!