Get the Runway Look: Derek Lam Fall/Winter 2014 at New York Fashion Week
Feb 12, 2014 11:11 PM EST
Credit : Instagram
Derek Lam's FW 2014 showing delivered on the hair and makeup front with a new take on both the classic ponytail and the beloved smoky eye. Here's how to get both and rip the runway for yourself!
Models were all about the smoky gaze down the runway. WWD reports that at Derek Lam, Estée Lauder creative makeup director Tom Pecheux chose to do a "spooky, earthy eye" as the centerpiece of the beauty look.
Pecheux used a mix of Lauder's blue, gray and green shadows - Pure Color Instant Intense EyeShadow Trio in Camo Chrome ($36), Pure Color EyeShadow in Ivy Envy ($22) and Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder in Transparent ($33) - and blended it out for a big egg-shaped halo around the eye and eyesocket. Now for the hair.
"We're doing a very voluminous ponytail," said Orlando Pita, working with brands T3 and Phyto at the show. Here's how to steal this style:
- Spray PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray ($29) throughout the hair to give texture and volume.
- Blowdry with T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer ($250).
- From the ear down, create a big, loose wave with the T3 BodyWaver 1.75" Styling Iron ($149).
- Take comb and create a perfect middle part.
- Apply PHYTO Professional Glossing Cream ($24) and PHYTO Professional Strong Sculpting Gel ($24) for hold and shine, and then scrape back into a low ponytail.
- Secure hair with an elastic.
- Tease ponytail with teasing brush to create texture and additional volume, then smooth ponytail with a brush to create a smooth, polished look.
- Finish with PHYTO Phytolaque Soie Light Hold Hair Spray ($20).
In love with Lam? Let us know with a note below!