Now that the big Super Bowl party is over, recover this coming weekend by gathering your girlfriends for a Spa Bowl and enjoy some goold old-fashioned pampering.
From "Polished Pedicure Punts" to a "First-Down Facial," the Spa Bowl celebrates the end of the NFL season, the beauty junkie way. Each spa-inspired recipe features your tried and true ffective agent - epsom salt.
Epsom salt - actually magnesium sulfate - is one of the most versatile household products, with uses ranging from creating at-home spa treatments, to soothing achy muscles, to helping start or improve gardens. It's been used therapeutically for hundreds of years, and it's gaining a new generation of fans looking for a safe, economical alternative in a sea of expensive, over-the-counter remedies. Epsom salt is easy to use, easy to find in your local pharmacy or grocery store and it costs about the same per use as a cup of coffee!
Grab a bottle of your favorite drink, your closest friends and enjoy these Spa Bowl options:
"Polished Pedicure Punt"
- Mix ½ cup of Epsom salt with warm, soapy water.
- Soak feet to soften skin.
- Remove polish, cut and file nails and calluses.
- Soak feet in Epsom salt bath for 5 minutes.
"End Zone Exfoliator"
- For exfoliation, mix 2 cups of Epsom salt with ¼ cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Use the mixture to gently scrub away dry skin patches.
- Mix ½ tsp of Epsom salt into cleansing cream for deep-pore cleansing.
- Massage on skin, rinse with cool water and pat dry.
"Blind-Side Bath Crystals"
- Mix 2 cups of Epsom salt with a few drops of fragrance and food coloring or ½ teaspoon of glycerin. Store in an airtight container.
Any of these spa ideas a winner in your beaut playbook? Let us know with a note below!