Here comes the couture bride, all dressed in white...and Laura Mercier. The official makeup sponsor at Jenny Packham's 2014 Bridal Catwalk Show this past Friday, we couldn't wait to get our hands on this soft makeup, big hair look for another beauty breakdown.
Talia Shobrook, lead makeup artist for this season's Jenny Packham show, created a "romantic and dreamy" makeup look to complement Packham's 2014 Bridal Collection. We hear this season's gown designs were inspired by the "Belle Époque" or "beautiful era" of the early 20th century, when women abandoned traditional restrictive corsetry for romantic, flowing silhouettes. The inspirational era may be a throwback, but this nude; barely there makeup is definitely on trend. Here's how the models were made to look flawlessly natural. Click through the slideshow for a few runway and product highlights:
Flawless Face: Flawless skin with a natural flush of color
- Shobrook first prepped skin with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32).
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Oil Free Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen ($43) to create a healthy, even tone. She then covered any imperfections with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($32).
- To give the skin a romantic, dreamy look, Shobrook flushed the cheeks with Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Barely Pink and Rose Petal ($24 each).
-Talia dusted Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper ($24) onto the apples of the cheeks. She dabbed Laura Mercier Secret Finish ($27) onto the cheekbones, adding freshness to the skin.
- To add the final touch, Shobrook applied Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder ($35) to the nose and forehead.
Simple Eyes: Soft washes of color
- Shobrook applied a wash of color to the eyelids using Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Ginger ($23) and Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Guava ($23). Next, she applied a layer of Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour ($23) in Primrose.
- She then highlighted the brow bones with Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Morning Dew ($23).
- Talia used Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Baroque and Cognac ($23 each) on the inner creases of the eyes to give a rounded look.
- To finish the lids, Shobrook applied Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Baroque and Burnished ($23 each) to the lower lash lines. She then added Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Cognac to the middle of the lower lash lines as well.
- She applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Seashell ($26) to the inner corners of the eyes and added a coat of Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara ($24) to the top and bottom lashes.
- To pull the look together and frame the face, she lightly defined the eyebrows using Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil ($22).
Soft Lips: Mauve and beige lip
- To create a subtle, elegant look, Shobrook applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Pink Blush and Peche (each $26) to the lips.
Body: Illuminated skin
- To complete the look, Talia dusted Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Power in Candelight ($34) to the neck and décolletage.
What do you think of this look? Are you ready to say 'I do' to the latest from Laura Mercier? Let us know with a comment!
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.