Get ready for romantic hair that knows no bounds. Dolce and Gabbana's latest Spring 2014 showing accessorized hair as much as the fashions, with milkmaid braided flair and spring flower adornments that took center stage on the runway. Click through the slideshow for some shots of the gorgeous styles.
Redken's Creative Consultant, Guido, sure delivered on this delicately baroque 'do. This spring, the stylist went for an ultra-feminine look. We are loving this look and cite this style as a perfect example of the romantic braid hair trend, as models rocked a soft woven updo pinned with gold coins, flowers and other equally ornate hair accessories, specially selected by the designers. While the hair was not adorned uniformly, the overall Romanesque look was exquisite.
"The girls always look ultra-beautiful for Dolce & Gabanna," said Guido to Beauty Press. "Keeping with the brand's Italian heritage, I found myself drawing inspiration from classic Italian cinema. Fellini's work was definitely an inspiration for this season. The soft braided updo with the delicate hair accessories is very old world and romantic," the stylist explained.
Braids have been in for quite some time, and with this latest spring showing, it looks like hair will be sporting these intricate designs for a while longer. Despite the final fancy look, Guido says it's not that hard to achieve. "Overall, the style is soft, pretty and classically beautiful," he said. "It is also flattering on most women, which is wonderful, since women tend to be drawn to the Dolce & Gabanna look each season." Yay for versatility! Here's how to get the look straight from Guido:
Get the Look:
- Apply Guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to damp hair
- Blow dry with a diffuser using fingers to give a little volume on the hairline
- Use a ½ inch curling iron and curl entire hairline to give movement and volume to the hair
- Apply Powder Refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo
- Separate curls with fingers
- Make a natural center in first 2", pulling the rest loosely towards the nape
- Pin to keep in place
- Gather remaining hair and loosely braid
- Twist into flat chignon and pin
- Soften hairline by loosening a little with your fingers
- Add head jewelry
What do you think of this latest look form D&G? Love it? Leave it? Check out the runway show below and let us know with a comment!
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.