Celebrity Get the Look: Morena Baccarin
Sep 25, 2013 11:40 PM EDT
Morena Baccarin, Emmy nominee for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama, looked absolutely stunning on the red carpet this past weekend. The Homeland star and expectant mother-to-be rocked an all-natural mineral make-up look created by celebrity make-up artist, Lina Hanson, for Bellapierre Cosmetics. Click through the slideshow to check out everything you'll need to make this look yours.
"Morena was wearing such a striking red gown, I was immediately inspired by the vibrancy of its color and her soft, feminine hair look," Hanson told Beautypress. I opted to keep her makeup very classic and elegant with a
sophisticated black cat eye and a true, matte-red lip color."
The award-winning Bellapierre Cosmetics line has been specially formulated to be long-lasting as well as waterproof. Products promise not to fade, smudge or crease. Bellapierre contains 100% minerals with no comedogenic additives, chemicals or fillers such as oil, wax, talc, or parabens. The mineral-rich formulas protect and nurture the skin including zinc oxide, a naturally occurring sunscreen.
Loving Morena's red carpet swag? Here's how to steal it, courtesy of Lina herself:
- Foundation always comes first. "I started out by dusting an even layer of Bellapierre Mineral Compact Foundation in Nutmeg ($64.99) on her face using a big fluffy Bellapierre Powder Brush," said Lina ($29.99). "Next, I dusted on Bellapierre Compact Bronzing Powder in Pure Element ($39.99) with attention to her forehead, chin and nose for a natural, sun-kissed look."
- No red carpet look is complete without attention being paid to the eyes. "For Morena's eye makeup, I used color tones from the Bellapierre Shimmer 9Stack in Pandera," Hanson explained ($89.99). "I started with Nude on the entire eyelid and brushed it up to the brow bone. I then used taupe-grey Sensation on the crease and blended it in. Finally, I applied taupebronze Cocoa on top of the crease. For her liner, I used the Bellapierre Eyeliner Duo in Black ($24.99) to create a winged cat eye."
- Lina knows mascara is always a must for an eye-popping finishing touch. "I curled her eyelashes and applied several coats of Bellapierre Mascara in Black ($19.99). I added a strip of eyelashes, then applied another coat of mascara," she said. "I used Bellapierre Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Chocolate ($20.00) to fill in and create a defined eyebrow."
- Next comes the sexy flush. "To give her a natural, healthy glow, I dusted some Bellapierre Compact Mineral Blush in Amaretto ($49.99) on the apples of her cheeks using a Bellapierre Blush Brush," said Hanson ($29.99).
- Pucker up and get the secret to Morena's pout straight from Lina. "For Morena's lips, I mixed Bellapierre Luminous and Ruby Lipsticks ($17.99 each) to get the perfect red to complement her dress. To create a matte texture, I first applied Bellapierre Mineral Compact Foundation in Nutmeg to her lips, applied lipstick color, and patted down with a tissue," she explained. "I then reapplied the lipstick, and then patted down with a tissue once more to create a stained, matte effect."
- And now to seal the makeup masterpiece. "I finished the look by sweeping a light touch of Bellapierre Mineral Compact Foundation in Nutmeg on her face before she headed out for the red carpet." said Lina.
Didn't Morena look great? To compliment her minimal makeup, the starlet wore a dramatic, strapless red Alexander McQueen gown.
What do you think of Morena's look? Tell us your thoughts with a note below!