Nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her performance in Downtown Abbey, actress Michelle Dockery stunned on the red carpet at this years Emmy Awards. The 31-year old starlet had paparazzi flashbulbs all a twitter as she gracefully walked the red carpet in a two-toned crimson Prada gown and Fred Leighton jewels. Gorg! And sure we can't get enough of the dress, but it's the makeup we're really after!
We hear makeup artist Jordan Long was inspired by a series of stunning watercolors painted by the artist David Downton in the January 2013 issue of Vanity Fair. In order to complement the classic femininity and clean lines of Dockery's custom made Prada gown, Long kept Michelle's makeup very minimal, focusing on her glowing skin and strong brows. Another ode to the nude makeup trend we're seeing and loving!
Here's how to get the look, step by step. For additional images of Michelle and a few of the key products used, click through the slideshow above.
FACE: Flawless, glowing skin
- Long first prepped the skin with a moisturizer, eye cream and Laura Mercier Lip Balm, ($20).
- Next, Long applied a fine layer of Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation in Soft Ivory, ($45), using a damp sponge. She used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC#1, ($32) to conceal only where needed.
- She then brushed Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander, ($24) on the apples of the cheeks. To give Dockery a subtle glow, Long mixed Laura Mercier Secret Brightener, ($30) with the cream blush.
- Next, she applied a light dusting of Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder, ($35), concentrating solely on the t-zone.
- Lastly, Long layered Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander, ($24) on top of the powder, using the Laura Mercier Finishing Brush, ($42).
LIPS: Neutral lips contrasted the star's bright, red gown
- Long applied Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bellini, ($24) to Dockery's naturally pigmented lips.
EYES: Strong brows were the focal point of the eyes
- First, Long blended Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Fresco, ($23) over the entire lid.
- Next, she used the Laura Mercier Eye Crease Travel Brush, ($29) to blend in Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Ballet Pink, ($23) at the center of the lids and into the corner of the eyes, for a subtle shimmer.
- Long then applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Blanc, ($23) just under the star's brows.
- Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Espresso, ($22) was smudged very tightly to the lash line, followed with three coats of Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara in Black, ($20) on the upper and lower lashes.
- Long then added a strip of Laura Mercier Center Faux Eyelashes, ($18) to provide a "fluttery pop."
- To finish the look, Long filled in and slightly extended Dockery's brows with Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Coffee Ground, ($23) using the Laura Mercier Angled Eye Colour Brush, ($29).
Doesn't Michelle look fabulous? Drop us a note and tell us what you think with a comment below!
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.