Laura Mercier was the official makeup sponsor of the Pamella Roland Spring/Summer 2014 Runway Show, merging flawless beauty with fashion-forward red carpet style. Check out the cool makeup photos in the slideshow below, along with images of each product used to create the runway look.
Pamella Roland's collection was inspired by the glamour and decadence of the Cannes Film Festival during the early 1960s. Laura Mercier's Global Artistry Director, Matin Maulawizada, and the show's lead makeup artist, channeled the "nonchalant attitude of the French stars of the '60s" in the creation of the makeup look.
According to Matin, the French stars "were very different from the polished British and American ladies. They kept it sexy, a bit smudgy, like they just rolled out of bed and put lipstick on." With a coral lip that paid homage to the color palettes of '60s, and a modern peach and chocolate smudged eye, the look perfectly merged the past with the present.
Matin described the look to Beautypress as, "Sexy, messy, nonchalant. I wanted to recreate the morning after look like the models kept on their makeup from last night just slapped on some lipstick and walked out. The skin is almost nonexistent. I used translucent powder to mattify the skin. Peach color used on the eyes and using a chocolate color to smoke it out. The lips are mixed with two colors one is an orangey red lipstick and the other one is called Bridgette. The combination can make a big difference. The cheeks are kept soft and pink. Mascara was used and eyebrows groomed.
Here's how to rip this runway look:
Face: A flawless, flushed complexion
- First, Matin applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen, ($45) to create a flawless canvas for makeup application.
- Then, he covered minor imprecations using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, ($32).
- Next, Matin applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Sunrise, ($24) and Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud, ($24) onto the cheeks, adding a natural, rosy flush to the skin.
Eyes: Natural hues and bold lashes accentuate the eyes
- Matin applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Sunrise, ($24) all over the eyelid.
- Then, beginning at the lash line, he applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Truffle, ($23) and faded the color outward. Using the same shade, he rimmed the eyes creating a "halo effect."
- To complete the eyes, he applied a coat of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara, ($24).
Lips: A classic, feminine lip
- Matin first stained the lips using Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Mod, ($24).
- To add a final touch of glamour, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Brigitte, ($26) and then blotted the lips.
Check out the latest from Pamella Roland in the NYFW footage below and let us know what you think of the hair and makeup with a note below!
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.