The skin detox craze has officially hit the beauty market. There are now tons of product based options available for women looking to make their skin healthier by eliminating toxins, boosting circulation, and delivering an overall glowingly renewed you. We love a new beauty product. Who doesn't? But there are ways to achieve the same detoxifying results at an affordable price. Check out these 5 simple tips for an easy-to-follow skin detox regimen.
Before you indulge in any skin detox, know the purpose of this now trendy beautifying process. Detox treatments are used to eliminate toxins. Your skin is the largest organ of your body. It can often reflect when impurities have permeated and built up in the body, revealing themselves in the form of blemished or irritated skin. Many products now promise to help improve and eliminate these skincare issues, often with a usage commitment that could last well into 30 days. If you're not ready to make such a commitment, try these frugal options for about a week or two, and see if skin improves:
1. Purge Your Products - If you are experiencing skin blemishes or breakouts, put your regular skincare regime on pause. These products could be contributing to your skin issues as opposed to helping alleviate them. Giving you skin time to rebalance itself is key. Simply stick with a cleanser, SPF day lotion, and night cream. Eliminate anything else. That being said, a skin detox can sometimes initially result in even more breakouts. But this is also a good sign. Additional breakouts signify that the body is releasing toxins and you're on the way to healthier skin after all.
2. Water, water, and more water - Stay hydrated and drinking lots of H20 helps the body cleanse itself of impurities and toxins. Drinking lots of water allows the body a means of flushing out the causes of blemishes an unhealthy looking skin. Considered the most fundamental aspect of any detox program, be sure to incorporate this crucial tip in your detoxifying process for skin that's radiant and truly renewed.
3. Diet - Your skin is what you ingest. In an effort to eliminate toxins, removing certain items from your diet (at least temporarily) can help skin to become clearer. Alcohol, caffeine, and sugar can all be sources for blemished skin. They can be the culprit for acne, breakouts, alter the natural order of hormonal levels, and reduce skin's collagen levels, which can lead to dullness and wrinkles. Cutting out a lot of your less desirable dietary habits can help work wonders for skin. Supplement guilty pleasures for Vitamin C powder for a boost in skin's radiance as well as your overall immune system.
4. Tea - Herbal teas are a great way to help detoxify skin. With so many that target a variety of different skin ailments and/or health issues, drinking a cup of warm herbal tea routinely during your detoxifying process. Green tea, despite its caffeine component, is also a good option. It is filled with antioxidants.
5. The Five Star Treatment - Skin detoxes are great excuses for a little extra me-time too. Indulge a little with skincare treatments that will help further skin's clarity. This can include facials, massages, and even a trip to the sauna. Saunas are especially great, as they help the skin to sweat out impurities.
Have you tried a skin detox before? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments section below.
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.