It's not everyday that a celebrity makeup artist opens up her kit and gives you all the secrets on her favorite cosmetic products. Well that day is today! Our friend and renowned industry makeup artist, Viktorija Bowers, shared the Top 10 products she loves and always keeps handy in her professional kit. Get your pen and paper ready! Read below for details on all her faves (listed in no particular order), and click through the slideshow for product visuals and prices.
As a fellow beauty junkie, we adore that Viktorija loves trying out new products all the time. "Whenever I get a care package from a cosmetics company, my heart goes all giddy like a child on Christmas morning!" exclaimed Viktorija. "I sit on the floor and it's like meditation for me as I reorganize my makeup kit to add new products to my existing family," Bowers explained. Despite trying different products all the time, Viktorija has her choice set of tried and true beauty items. "Throughout the years, products come and go, but some of them become staples of my kit, used everyday in my life as a makeup artist." Here are Viktorija's Top 10 Makeup Kit Staples:
1. Bathina Take a Picture it Will Last Longer Body Balm by Benefit Cosmetics: This shimmering, glimmering body balm adds a seductive golden-pink sheen to legs and body. It comes complete with Bathina's puff for a smooth, velvet application. "I can eat this stuff, it is so yummy," said Viktorija. "It is a silky, shimmery body moisturizer that gives skin a delicious glow and it smells divine. It comes in super cute packaging too. I love the look of hydrated, glowing skin and this is my product go-to."
2. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant: It's in the purses of beauty editors and makeup artists worldwide. Created by Ms. Arden herself, this legendary, award-winning cream calms, protects and hydrates skin for up to eight hours. It also helps to shape brows, restore shine, and smooth cuticles. "This classic goes with me everywhere," said Bowers. "I use it for chapped lips, for extra dry skin as well as gloss for lips, eyes, and face."
3. Browmousse by Tweezerman: Ideal for getting a beautifully shaped brow line to stay put all day. This fragrance-free favorite is loved by top models and makeup artists for its precision, evenness and long-lasting wear. "This clear gel allows me to set unruly brows and keep them in place without crusty or flaky residue," Viktorija said.
4.They're Real! Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics: A jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look. "This mascara is dark and super rich. It allows me to bring nice coverage to the lashes."
5. Lip Tars by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics: Flash a fabulous smile and a stunning splash of color with this lip formula that combines the longevity of a lipstick with the breezy application of a gloss. "I really can say this is a unique product on the market," Bowers said. "The colors are so rich and vivid, it lends itself to an array of possibilities, and I find myself using it for even more creative things."
6. Pure Pigments by Make Up For Ever: Made by mineral or organic synthesis, these highly concentrated pigments are extremely fine. This means that makeup artists can quickly create intense makeup colors in the desired tone. "With these I can do anything," Viktorija said. I can mix colors for a custom look, use them with a lip glass to make a lip color, the list goes on."
7. Amazing Face Oil Free Close Up Coverage Foundation by Too Faced: An oil-free, skin-smoothing liquid foundation that provides the illusion of airbrushed skin in seconds. "This is a new discovery for me and I find myself reaching out for it when I want smooth skin-like coverage for photoshoots."
8. 24/7 Concealer Pencil by Urban Decay: Hide dark circles and blemishes with this creamy formula that dries matte and stays put. "I received these few years ago, and I am still holding to what is left of it for dear life!" Viktorija said. They are so deliciously creamy, non-creasing, and their color is rich and true to skin tone."
9. False Lashes: "I like individual lashes more than strips," Viktorija explained. "They look more natural and give me the option to build thickness and length. If I do use strips, I prefer Urban Decay's lashes, as they have fun a selection to choose from."
10. M.A.C. Strobe Cream: Super-powered with potent botanicals, this cream de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin. "I like this shimmery lotion for many things. It is very versatile. It gives me ability to mix it in with foundation if I want an extra shiny face, or use it on the body to highlight parts, with a more subtle shine."
Now it's time to go shopping! Thanks Viktorija!
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.