Celebrity How To: Jaime Pressly's Braided 'Faux Hawk' At Critics’ Choice Awards
We had to bring you the scoop on the sizzling hot hair actress Jaime Pressly served up at the Critics' Choice Awards!
Hairstylist Jonathan Hanousek created the stunner of a style for Pressly. "For Jaime's look we wanted something glamorous but with a twist," Hanousek said. "She loves her hair sleek but I wanted to see some texture, so I created her braided hawk."
Here's how to steal this style for yourself!
- Jonathan first prepped the hair with a few drops of CHI Argan Plus Moringa Oil ($15).
- He then applied Farouk Royal Treatment Style Illumination ($17) and blew dry the top of Jaime's head with a vent brush, directing the hair up and towards the top. Jonathan advises to be sure to catch the shorter hairs in back!
- The hair guru then used a small round brush to refine the front hairline.
- Jonathan applied a small amount of CHI Deep Brilliance Glisten Silk Polish ($10) to his palms and worked it through Jaime's hair to smooth and add shine.
- To create Jaime's braided hawk, the stylist French braided the top of the head with medium tension. He then secured the braid with a clear Blax Band ($4) and tucked the tail under. The braid was secured with Bobby pins.
- Jonathan used hairpins to tighten and help everything lay flat to Jaime's head. He then gently pulled out the front hairline to add height and create texture.
- The stylist smoothed any flyaways using a tail comb and hair spray.
- To control the short sides, Jonathan used a few shots of spray wax and smoothed the hair with his fingers. He finished Jaime's look with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray Firm Hold ($11).
Isn't this look absolutely gorgeous? Let us know what you think with a note below!
This article was originally published on Fashion Times.