Calling all of our weekend beauty warriors! Looking for a fun do-it-yourself mask that can treat dry skin, exfoliate, or simply refresh your fabulous face?
There's nothing like a customized beauty regimen, especially when you've crafted it yourself! Check out these super simple kitchen beauty treatments courtesy of anti-aging experts Michele Periquet & Firouze Zeroual. Pair any of these with a glass of wine and your weekend is made!
Edible Moisture Mask
This is for dry, parched skin (like after a long flight). Try this deeply moisturizing face treatment that also softens and soothes the skin.
You'll need 1 tablespoon milled chia, 1 tablespoon raw honey, 1/2 avocado, pitted and mashed.
- First in a small bowl, mix ingredients together into a paste.
- Then apply to freshly cleansed skin and let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove gently with warm water and a washcloth.
Moisture Mask Tip: You can find milled chia at a health food store or you can grind chia seeds at home using a food processor or a coffee mill until you get a coarse flour-like texture
Nutty Face Scrub
Try this to slough off the dead cells from the outer layer of skin, this is a gentle exfoliating, skin-brightening treatment that leaves you with silky soft skin.
You'll need 2 tablespoons almond meal and 4 tablespoons whole milk.
- First nix ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Next, apply mixture to freshly cleansed skin and leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Gently massaging the mixture onto skin in a circular motion and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Ice, Ice, Baby
Try this easy pick-me-up for your skin. This works great after a long day at work and all you want to do is go to bed, but you still have that event or work dinner to attend!. It's also an excellent way to refresh your skin and shake you out of that tired state by toning the skin and acting as a great primer for makeup!
- First cleanse skin.
- Next, put an ice cube in a soft gauze cloth and when the cloth is damp, apply to the face.
- Then go over the different parts of the face for one minute.
- Then simply follow with your skincare.
This article was originally published on Fashion Times.