As we transition into spring, an effortless hairstyle is exactly what we are all looking for. Our friend Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Stylist, led Naomi Campbell's Fashion for Relief show during NY Fashion Week and told us why the style she created is ideal for spring!
"The look I created for this show gives the feeling that the hair is tucked behind the ears in a effortless manner, but has structure for more purposeful look, which is perfect for Spring, as your hair has been hidden all winter under hats and scarves," the hair guru dished.
"This is an incredibly versatile look that can adapt to daytime and evening as it will stay in place easily with the small ponytail at the nape to keep the look secure," Balding said.
Naomi Campbell's Fashion For Relief show had 63 models! Many top designers donated their dresses as this show raised awareness for Ebola. There were several sections - bohemian, glamorous gowns and rock'n'roll pieces.
So Jenny created a look that would work with all these - a center part, pull back behind ears and the back section straight with slight movement. This is a versatile for any occasion and you will look immediately pulled together with an effortless feel.
Here's how to get it straight from the pro herself:
- Create a center part back to the crown.
- To keep the texture clean looking and not appearing to have use product, use Redken Rough Paste ($20) to smooth over the part for a natural sheen.
- Take the front sections of hair in front of the ear and pull back into a small ponytail at the nape.
- Gently blend front to back by using a small oval bristle brush, so it looks like the hair is just tucked behind the ears.
- This look will ensure the hair will stay right behind the ear and not drop forward.
- Use a medium sized curling iron to create a bend and movement throughout the back area. This allows the hair to move and keep a soft feel.
- Finish by misting Redken Fashion Works ($20) as it is a light, versatile hairspray.
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.