It's time to suds up!
In commemoration of Global Handwashing Day, October 15, the American Cleaning Institute (ACI) is offering schools, students and community leaders ideas and online resources to encourage handwashing every day of the year.
ACI is raising awareness on Global Handwashing Day with Family, Career & Community Leaders of America members during their Capitol Leadership Meeting in Washington, DC. The message: Keep Calm and Celebrate Global Handwashing Day.
"Very simply put, handwashing with soap saves lives," said Nancy Bock, ACI Senior Vice President, Education. "ACI is proud to support the Global Public-Private Partnership for Handwashing in spreading the word year-round about the importance of enhancing health through good hygiene practices."
In honor of this important cause, check out the refresher course below on how to get hands squeaky clean:
- Wet hands with clean, running water (warm or cold) and apply soap, either in bar or liquid form.
- Rub hands together to make a lather and scrub them well; be sure to scrub the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. Do this away from running water, so the lather isn't washed away.
- Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Alcohol based hand sanitizers or gels or antibacterial wipes are also useful alternatives if soap and water are not available (for example, when traveling in the car or taxi on the way to a business meeting, before eating an in-flight meal or snack, outdoor work settings, etc.)
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.