BEAUTY

Aloe Vera Benefits: 10 Things You Did Not Know About Aloe Vera For Face Skin & Body

Close

Looking for a tried and true skin care solution? Consider the many benefits of aloe! Check out these 10 unknown facts, courtesy of Beauty4Media:

Ancient Times. The Egyptians referred to Aloe Vera as the "plant of immortality." It wasn't so long ago that it was a well-kept secret, but these days it can be found as an ingredient in everything from toothpaste to after-sun lotion, from yogurt to tea.  In fact, it has been used for therapeutic purposes by many cultures for literally thousands of years. 

Plant Power. Aloe Barbedensis, more commonly referred to simply as Aloe Vera, is a gelatin-like plant food extracted from the leaves of the Aloe plant. It can be applied topically even in its rawest form and is effective in stimulating new cell production.

Sun Shield. Aloe has been found to block up to 30% of the sun's ultraviolet rays when applied to skin. Its constituent aloin gives it this property. It is not used as a sun block, but rather in after-sun lotion to counteract any sunburn.

First Aid. Aloe has anti-inflammatory effects and can be used to treat minor burns, grazes and to reduce the appearance of scars.

Skincare Secret. Applying Aloe Vera has been shown to stimulate enzyme action in skin tissue, which encourages the cells that produce collagen. 

Beauty Booster. Aloe is especially effective as a skin cleansing and detoxifying agent. It has been shown that it penetrates up to seven layers of the skin so the effects go deep. It is an extremely beneficial moisturizer as it increases water retention in the skin.

Powerful Potion. Around 99% of the aloe Vera plant consists of water, but the remaining 1% is extremely powerful, containing close to 200 nutritional elements, including minerals, vitamins, amino acids, enzymes, and other nutrients that work in synergy to nourish the skin and body.

Serious About Skin. Aloe Vera has been shown in studies to relieve the symptoms of psoriasis. In one study, 83% of those patients who were treated with Aloe Vera gel showed significant improvement while fewer than 6% treated with a placebo showed any improvement at all.   

Rash Be Gone. It has even been shown that Aloe Vera successfully treats rashes, which demonstrates it is both gentle and effective.

Inside Out. Although you may think that digestive health is not linked to skin care, Aloe Vera is one of the best aids to digestion there is, which can also ensure more toxins are removed from the body, improving the skin from within!

Do you use Aloe Vera? Tell us with a note below!

See Now: 100 Most Beautiful Women In The World

Get the Most Popular Beauty World News Stories in a Weekly Newsletter

PHOTO GALLERIES

BEAUTY IDEAS

HOW TO

STAY CONNECTED
GET NEWSLETTER

LATEST NEWS

  • Today
Real Time Analytics