Makeup artists and celebrities around the world swear by it. Beauty editors rave about it.
Even though Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant is a miracle worker that needs no introduction, here are eight little-known facts about this beauty essential that may surprise you:
- 84 years ago in 1930, this beauty product was created by Elizabeth Arden herself.
- 8 hours after a loyal client aplied the cream on her child's skinned knee, the wound nearly healed -- that's how this product got its name.
- The balm was so effective, Ms. Arden used it to soothe her thoroughbred horses' bruises!
- Eight Hour Cream still uses Elizabeth Arden's original skin-soothing formula.
- The iconic beauty product has received over 115 beauty awards worldwide.
- This cream is considered a key part of the celebrity makeup artist bag.
- Makeup artists dab it over eye shadows for a glossy look, pat it over the cheekbones to give dewy highlights, brush it through brows to tame and condition -- all tricks found on the runways of New York Fashion Week.
- It's more than a balm! This multi-tasker can pamper your stiletto-ravaged feet, calm irritated skin, and soften your cutitcles for a DIY manicure. Just ask this IG user. She's gettin' her skin softening on!
- The Eight Hour Cream evolved to an entire product line including a Fragrance Free Cream, Nighttime Miracle Moisturizer, and Intensive Lip Repair Balm to name a few!
And get it while you still can! Try the 2014 Limited Edition Eight Hour Cream Gold Collection!
Own this cult classic? Let us know what you used it for with a note below!
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.