Celebs like Jennifer Morrison, Behati Prinsloo and of course Iggy Azalea have taken things to another level when it comes to the standard ponytail.
By adding some height, a few braids and a pony full of body, these stars have reminded us how fun and creative this age-old style can be!
While there's no doubt these ladies had the help of a hair guru, Mario Russo, owner & lead stylist of Mario Russo in Boston, says this look is totally DIY, home-creatable!
Wanna look as fancy as Iggy? Check out these easy steps on how to get the look:
- Start out by curling hair with a wide-barrel curling iron or opt for a straighter yet full pony by blow drying hair with a large round brush.
- Slightly tease hair at the top of head to give the style some height.
- On one side of the head create anywhere from 1-3 small braids, incorporating the hair along your scalp as you braid (similar to a French braid-style, you want the braids to be against your head). Secure each braid with a clear elastic to later be pulled into the pony.
- Gather hair into pony with all of the braids in it and secure with a clear hair elastic.
- Take a piece from under your ponytail, wrap around elastic and secure with a bobby pin that matches your hair color.
- Use a rat tail comb to loosen and pull up teased portion of hair that may have been flattened when you secured the ponytail.
- Use Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($21) just on the ponytail to make it look fuller and more textured.
- To hold look, use Oribe Superfine Strong Hair Spray ($21).
- Don't be afraid to get creative! Try different braid and twist variations until you feel the style is complete and chic!
What do you think of this fun twist on the ponytail? Let us know with a note below!
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.