Another last minute holiday hair idea that can take you into 2015 in style!
Mario Russo, owner & lead stylist of Salon Mario Russo in Boston, has shared with us his styling suggestions for women who are feeling a bit clueless as to how to style their new cropped coif during the festive season.
Contrary to popular belief, short hair is very versatile, and when it comes to styling for both day and night occasions, it only takes a few bobby pins, a curling wand and the right products to create an updated hairstyle within a matter of minutes.
Here's how to steal this simply chic look:
- Begin with either clean or day-old hair. If your hair is clean, spritz it with Oribe Texturizing Spray ($42), so the top knot maintains its shape and volume.
- Using a volumizing mousse, such as Bumble and Bumble Thickening Full Form Mousse ($16), before styling will help you achieve a fuller half-up top knot, as well.
- Gather the top section of hair starting at about eye-level. For a higher top knot, section off the hair on the very top of the head.
- Begin by tying the top section of hair off with an elastic.
- Once you only have enough elastic left for one more tie around, pull the ponytail a quarter of the way through, creating a small loop.
- Pull apart the loop and use a small spritz of Oribe Texturizing Spray to give the mini bun some extra volume and messy texture.
- This relaxed style is meant to look as though you just threw your hair up for the day, so hairspray is not necessary.
- Feel free to pull out any pieces to frame your face to make the style feel natural.
Easy and done!
© 2018 BeautyWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.